News: If you missed your confirmation e-mail, please check your provider's spam filter.
If the forum blocks your registration with a spam warning, your IP has been blacklisted on stopforumspam.com. You must contact them directly.
We are building a whole new website. Good things are coming soon!

Author Topic: Sneak Peak Of What Our New Front Page Might Look Like  (Read 81 times)

Offline delta5

Sneak Peak Of What Our New Front Page Might Look Like
« on: October 26, 2019, 10:46:10 PM »
This is a sample of one version of the CanDidate Political Theme.

Let me know what you think

http://velikorodnov.com/dev/candidate/home-v1/

The following users thanked this post: TXdriver77

Offline TXdriver77

Re: Sneak Peak Of What Our New Front Page Might Look Like
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 12:22:45 AM »
just edit out the dudes in the pic, lol.

Offline delta5

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 12:30:24 AM »
There are several versions of that theme. If I install the package I will be trying each one out. It's all very customizable. I will probably have to hire a web designer to help me out.

Offline delta5

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 12:57:20 AM »
https://fedup.risrealty.net/

Well, he has the basic site up and running. Just have to add the stuff we want. Here is what I'm going to add so far.

Page1. Front page with a place to post news articles, pics and videos.

Page2. A full blog, with latest post at top. Able to embed videos, tweets etc.

Page3. The Wordpress BBpress forum with Buddypress installed. BP will turn the site and forum in more of a social media community. Somewhere in here I will add a live chatroom.

Page5. Probably RSS feeds like our forum now.

These are a few of the basics I want so far. Am always looking for new ideas. Nothing set in stone yet.

Offline delta5

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 09:43:35 PM »
Hey all,

The new website is starting to come together. Im starting to put the forum together, but I am going to have to ask
BBpress techies to show me how to build the same forum structure as what we have here with catagories, boards, topics and replies. Setup is a bit different, but its coming along. Im working on that, and Cal is working on adding a custom panel
for the right side for login, register, and Pwd recovery. It will eventually also have a status panel that shows stuff like messages waiting, notices etc. I found a chatroom plugin that should work too. Then we can clean up the front page and add a blog page too. It looks like we should be able to have almost all the features from the old forum. I would sure miss the @user mention feature, but its out there as a modification.

Its not ready to use yet, but you can take a peek at:

https://fedup.risrealty.net/forum/

The Buddypress plugin is going to give us an expanded profile with all kinds of social media stuff, like a facebook style
"wall", friends list, etc. I think its going to be a first class website when its done. Need honest opinons and ideas please...

@TXdriver77
@Florida Playboy
@Dharok
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 09:46:06 PM by delta5 »