News: If you missed your confirmation e-mail, please check your provider's spam filter.

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 25 times)

Offline Dharok

Introductions
« on: October 27, 2018, 01:05:24 PM »
Hey @delta5 I was thinking. Can you add an introduction zone for when newcomers show up they have to post there?

Make the reading ability to guests limited and do not allow any writing privilege until they get the first post count from their introduction post.

Almost everywhere else has something similar as this. I guess for us it would make us more welcoming, as well as finding out more about the new comer.

You could even have a template of some questions they should answer or at least the one: "How did you hear about us" "find out about us".

This shouldn't be a problem to any real user and it would give us a chance for more interactions with new people in a more light setting, instead of a flat out political discussion.

Maybe also add more title banners (better looking ones than just simple letters that we have now  ::))

Ask the person which party they align with, if any etc. Then they can have a party title, their own title of their choice. Also add cool titles of post count progressions as you go...

*Whisper* (should've made me mod ;D ::))

Anyway, that's all for now 8)

The following users thanked this post: TXdriver77

Offline delta5

Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 01:39:17 PM »
Actually the forum has most of those ideas built in or available as moficiations.

Offline Dharok

Re: Introductions
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 04:56:33 PM »
Actually the forum has most of those ideas built in or available as moficiations.

I figured. Would you implement them or no?